Service Pack 4

• Has anyone experienced any problems after installing Service Pack 4 on your SQL 2000 Server?  Thanks in advance.

• To add to the question...Has anyone applied the SP4 AWE hotfix (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=899761)? Were there any problems with the hotfix or any other parts of the service pack?

TIA, chris.

• Mark,

We have SP4 on all of our SQL Servers and have not had any issues (yet!!!).

Chris,

We have not done the AWE hotfix - but I would like to hear from someone who has.

• I had issues when i had more than one instance on a server the sp set all instances to listen to the same ip port.

So..... you would get wierd errors arround could not connect (netlib).

Og course standard stuff, had this prob for two months, MS said re-install you lan card and operating system.

I finally got a clue when i read a post that asked to debug ports using netstat.

Good luck!

• We are about 1/2 way done with our servers and have not had any unexpected outcomes (knock on wood).

Mark - Are you just trying to see how things are going with others before you install, or are you having problems yourself?

• I'm just trying to see how things are going for others before we install.  Our company likes to do this kind of thing when Microsoft comes out with service packs.  Thanks for the help.

• I have installed on default instances and on some that use transactional read only replication (subscribers only so -far) and have not had any issues.  I do not have multiple instances on any server I have installed nor AWE.

• in our shop we have close to 30 sql systems, mostly win2003

with the latest sp, and so on

out of 15 sql200 sp4 installations we have 2 failed

hanging in the same place both times, almost  at the end of the install while trying to initialize the srvices.....and spuing the error

message like ' timeout has exceeded....'

the solution was : fresh sql installation, worked like a charm both times. Any suggestions? thank you

• I have the same problem after installing the SP4

-- ' timeout has exceeded....'----

Any suggestions..... Please Helpme!!!

• so happy i'm not alone , sorry

PEOPLE, PLEASE HELP

this is just a beginning of sp4 rollout, tomorrow it can be your

problem too , you don't have to come up with solutions

just your thoughts, please  

• I had a problem with one of my installs that had an application running on the box.  I had to disable all the services that the application was running, reboot the machine and then install the SP.  Everything worked fine after that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply