service pack 3a upgrade sqlsp.log

• HI. I recently installed service pack 3a to my test environment and the installation occured with no visible installation errors. I just finished looking at the sqlsp.log for errors and the very last line reads as follows: 

08:59:32 Installation Completed with Errors (number of nonfatal errors: 1) - Reboot Required

This may sound stupid, but is the 1 error the fact that i had to reboot? or should i be looking for this error in this long report.

Also, after applying service pack 3a, should i have to apply ANY fixes or patches or am i good to go at this point?

juanita  

•  Yes, there certainly is a security patch that needs to be applied to all SQL S Sp3 installations. Its MS03-031 Security patch. It is version 8.00.819. It plugs several security holes in SQL Server.

• HI. is this patch for service pack 3A also?

Thanks,

juanita

• Yes !

• Okay, Thank you so much. I'm going to download it now. Also, would you happen to know if  the error at the end of my sqlsp.log is the REBOOT MESSAGE? i'm still trying to figure that one out.

juanita

• Sorry, I do not know about that one.

• Okay. Thanks again for the important info on the security patch. 

Juanita

• Normally a nonfatal error will allow the operations within SQL Server with no apparent adverse reaction. Nevertheless, it is a good idea to know exactly what happened, to eliminate potential surprises.

I you review the installation log you should be able to find the error (it may be a Warning Error).

Regards

• HI THANKS A BUNCH !! i'll do that !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply