service pack 2 for x64 bit processor for Integration services

• Hi Guys,,

I am having problem installing service pack 2 for Integration Services on a 64 bit processor,

Fist i installed the sql server and Integration services for 2005, then service pack 2 for x86, after the service pack 2 installation it was having error message and i was not able to use Integration services as it was saying No SSIS,

I uninstalled the SSIS and then installed it without service pack and i can use it, but now i am trying to install service pack 2 for x64 but its not able to select the Integration services to install the service pack.

Please advice/suggest how to install service pack 2 on this x64 bit processor.

Thanks

• i was having this error http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919224 but still doing that didnt helped me .

• Guys:

Please advice,

Thanks

• ALIF (1/14/2009)

Hi Guys,,

I am having problem installing service pack 2 for Integration Services on a 64 bit processor,

Fist i installed the sql server and Integration services for 2005, then service pack 2 for x86, after the service pack 2 installation it was having error message and i was not able to use Integration services as it was saying No SSIS,

I uninstalled the SSIS and then installed it without service pack and i can use it, but now i am trying to install service pack 2 for x64 but its not able to select the Integration services to install the service pack.

Please advice/suggest how to install service pack 2 on this x64 bit processor.

Thanks

You have to uinstall SQL Server entirely, removing all left-over folders. It is strange you were able to install SP2 for x86 on 64bit installation. Are you sure you did install SQL Server 2005 for 64bit machine in the first place?

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• yes,, i was able to install sql server sp2 for x86 processor as the sql server version was for x86,

the only error i was getting with that was client components failed to install. after the installation Integrations services from the management studio pops out an error saying "" Library not registered" and SSIS not installed.

• ALIF (1/18/2009)

yes,, i was able to install sql server sp2 for x86 processor as the sql server version was for x86,

the only error i was getting with that was client components failed to install. after the installation Integrations services from the management studio pops out an error saying "" Library not registered" and SSIS not installed.

If you are using 64bit OS, I would recommend that you install SQL 2005 and SP2 for 64bit.

---

• yes cozy, i thought the same thing , but when i was installing the sp2 for 64bit OS, i was unable to select the features for the services for Integration services.

• Now i am able to get in the sql server Integration services from SSMS, after insalling sp3 just on Integration services,

and then ran the commands from the Method 1 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919224

but now i am getting a different error message when i am opening the folders(Running packages and Stored Packages), i can see this folders from other computers in the network just unable to see from the local server.

Library not registered.(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))

still unable to resolve this issue.

Can any one help please

Thanks

• Hi Alif,

Did you ever got this issue solved ?

I'm having issues exporting to access.mdb with SSIS sql2005 x64 EE.

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• ALZDBA (6/10/2009)

Hi Alif,

Did you ever got this issue solved ?

I'm having issues exporting to access.mdb with SSIS sql2005 x64 EE.

This is not the correct discussion to post your question. You should have created a new one. You have to run your package using the 32bit DTEXEC executable. The Access database driver is only available in 32bit mode.

---

• I was still searching to get things back on track ... and got to the 32-bit issue after a while.

Thanks.

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply