Service Broker and OS665

• Hi All,
    I previously posted this OS error 665 not CHECKDB.
    In summary, I get these errors throughout the day (it's not happened for quite some time, but has started again recently):
    "The operating system returned error 665 (failed to retrieve the text for this error. Reason: 15105) to SQL Server during a write at offset 0x00000ad1c8c00 in file 'X:\myfile.ndf:MSSQL_DBCC8'
    "Error 17053, Severity: 16, State: 1"

It turns out these errors are caused by Service Broker.  I've had a recent spate of them, and every single one is tied to the execution of an activation procedure.  We use service broker extensively in our system to replicate messages between instances.
    Can anyone confirm what Service Broker's use of sparse files is?  I've reviewed the activation procedure and it's relatively simple.  There's nothing in there that would account for it, so I presume it's intrinsic to Service Broker.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Thanks for the reply.  However, I know that this is not DBCC checks causing the error - in fact, DBCC checks complete fine without any write failures. 

I've read that link, too.... none of it seems to tally with what I'm seeing - loads of free space, vsc settings, all our db files are presized and don't grow.  Specifically, I know that each of the write failures is when a service broker activation procedure executes.  It's intermittent through the day, and on different database files, too.

Thanks,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply