SERVERPROPERTY LicenseType = DISABLED

• Does anyone know what is meant when running the below command and having 'DISABLED' returned.   In the middle of a licensing audit and am looking for a definition of 'DISABLED'   Thanks..Jeff

SELECT   CONVERT(char(20), SERVERPROPERTY('LicenseType')) 

"Keep Your Stick On the Ice" ..Red Green

• From BOL:

LicenseTypeMode of this instance of SQL Server.

PER_SEAT = Per-seat mode

PER_PROCESSOR = Per-processor mode

DISABLED = Licensing is disabled.

Base data type: nvarchar(128)

Check the edition of SQL Server with:

SELECT   CONVERT(char(20), SERVERPROPERTY('Edition'))

My Developer Edition shows up as DISABLED for licensing.

Julian Kuiters
    juliankuiters.id.au

• Hi

I think I've read that there's a bug in SQL2000 about this. Eventhough you have the proper license, it can show "Disabled". As far as I remember, should have been fixed with SQl2K SP3, but eventhough I'm running SP3, I still see the licens as "DISABLED", so apparently there can still be an issue with this.

Regards

Steen

• Is Licensing not "DISABLED" if you are installing from a "Select" licensing CD, where there is not strict control over installation numbers, no need for a licensing key, and no control over CAL's?

• Even if you are using a Select CD you stil need to decide which licensing version you want to use. And this normaly is reflected when querying serverproperty(licencetype).

I've got a server with the same problem. It is a SQL Server 2000 with SP3a AND an SAP R/3 MS SQL Hotfix applied. The numerical version is 8.00.929.

This might be the issue.

I'll let you know if I find out more.

Regards

• Hello,

Could you please let me know, if you found out anything to check what to do to make the query return the current Licence Type instead of just showing Disabled?

• Hi guys

As I previously wrote, the licence type was DISABLED on a SAP Server running SQL Server. The SQL Server installation was bundled/installed together with the SAP installation. I am assuming that the licence type DISABLED is because SAP has already paid the fee to Microsoft to enable them to bundle SQL with their SAP installation. Hence DISABLED.

What is running on your SQL Server? Is it a stand-alone installation?

Regards

-hot2use

• Check the "SQL Server 2000 License setup" icon in Control Panel of the SQL server, this should indicate your License type.

• The following page on Microsoft connect explains this behaviour:

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=295301

If you believe that it should be changed, then you can always rate it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply