Server slow down after stopping replication

• transaction repl was enabled over the weekend and we had a massive slow down. repl was disabled(Stopped) and we still have a slow down, especially when we do a "SELECT INTO #table". are we still dealing with repl "leavings?"

where do we start looking ????

kim

• Have you tried running sp_who2 to see what is running and to see if there are any blocks?

If the use of temp tables is slow have you checked if the disk where tempdb resides is busy with another process? It's generally recommended that tempdb be on a separate disk if at all possible. This helps performance.

Darren

Darren

• i will check and see. thanks ...

• (I'm working with Kim on this issue)

The disk where temp_db resides was not busy with anything other than SQL Server processes. The machine is a dedicated SQL Server, no other applications run on this box. temp_db resides on the same physical disk as everything else, but nothing else is on that disk but SQL, so I don't think (hope) that is a problem. I didn't try sp_who2, I'll give that a shot and go from there.

Thank you, everyone

Landy

• One thing we found was that the disk that the data files are on is extremely fragmented (data area - > 90%, free space - 5%) Can this cause the problems with accessing the #tables? We didnt' notice any slow down accessing regular table, only #tables.

• landy, send me a email.. i lost your email address and i think i have found some information that will help in your issue..

kim

• Hi all,

I have experienced a similar slowdown in EM performance. Removed replication from our server and the database is performing fine for our users, but not while trying to perform basic actions via EM, example opening a restore db window can take several minutes. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply