Server reporting incorrect version

• I had MSDE installed on a server on top of which I then installed our full version of SQL server 2000. However, when I look at the general info on the server through EM it says the version is desktop engine. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this before? I'm not too worried about it causing any problems as I am pretty sure that the full version installed fine, but I'm playing better safe than sorry here.

Thanks

• Havent tried it. Could you post the output of select @@version?

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• Here is the output of select @@version:

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.194 (Intel X86) Aug 6 2000 00:57:48 Copyright (c) 1988-2000 Microsoft Corporation Desktop Engine on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 2)

• I figured this out. Microsoft's website said that sql server would install right over msde. That is not quite so. It did install, but it didn't overwrite the msde installation it installed next to it. So there were 2 servers registerable, although I had only registered the msde one. So I copied all of the data from the msde install to the real server install and then uninstalled msde. Problem solved.

Thanks to anyone that read this and tried to help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply