Server properties greyed out

• I've never touched reporting services, but have been asked to set 'EnableRemoteErrors' to True.

When connecting to the server the properties dialog for the SSRS server is greyed out, so I can't change any setting.

Technet shows a script that can be used to change the setting but our developer doesn't appear to have the correct permissions either.

Any idea how I enable the properties dialog? I should (in theory) be a sysadmin on these servers but the SSRS server doesn't appear to think so.

• It sounds like you might not be a system administrator in SSRS. Can you access Report Manager, view any of the site settings or security from there? You many need to get on the server and run IE as an administrator to add your login account.

Sue

• Sue_H (8/16/2016)

It sounds like you might not be a system administrator in SSRS. Can you access Report Manager, view any of the site settings or security from there? You many need to get on the server and run IE as an administrator to add your login account.

Sue

Thank you. In that one short reply you taught me more than I ever knew about SSRS. Found a Technet article that explained how to load Report Manager (I wasn't kidding when I said I knew nothing about SSRS!) and then had a look around.

The developer can now see an error message that finally explains why we're getting the problem that we are.

Thanks for your time.

Edited for typo

• You are very welcome. If your on the admin side of SSRS and new to it, get familiar with the Reporting services log. That helps a lot in troubleshooting issues. It's in the Reporting Services directory on the report server. Take a look in general, poke around on the report server (data sources, reports, security, etc) and then look at the log again. Try to force an error and check the log....you'll see what I mean. Good info in there.

Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply