Sequences II

• Well maybe it was not so easy -- currently only 25 percent of correct answers. That's the lowest one I have seen in a long time.

• Revenant (4/24/2012)

Well maybe it was not so easy -- currently only 25 percent of correct answers. That's the lowest one I have seen in a long time.

Yes, it looks like most people are thinking that sequence defaults to starting at the lowest value, and therefore runs out. That was the first "gotcha" I thought of, and I was pleasantly surprised that Microsoft had thought of it too.

• Nice fun question. And really nice to see that MS has picked defaults that make sense for this new feature.

Tom

• I'm obviously missing something here.

"SELECT NEXT VALUE FOR SSC_ROCKS;" is used twice in the question, so why aren't two numbers returned?

• marlon.seton (4/25/2012)

I'm obviously missing something here.

"SELECT NEXT VALUE FOR SSC_ROCKS;" is used twice in the question, so why aren't two numbers returned?

Two numbers are returned. But the answer is ony one of these two values, the scond of the two, because

the question asks what value is returned by the second select statement, not what are all values returned by both select statements.

Tom

• L' Eomot Inversé (4/25/2012)

marlon.seton (4/25/2012)

I'm obviously missing something here.

Two numbers are returned. But the answer is ony one of these two values, the scond of the two, because

the question asks what value is returned by the second select statement, not what are all values returned by both select statements.

Obviously reading the question helps!

• Nice 2012 question. Thanks!

• straight forward question - thanks

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• thanks for the question, new feature questions are always nice

• Nice question!

/Håkan Winther
    MCITP:Database Developer 2008
    MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
    MCSE: Data Platform

• dawryn (4/24/2012)

tommyh (4/23/2012)

Startvalue will be MinValue (since its not given).

Check reference again. Start value is different whether sequence is ascending or descending.

without properly understanding difference between asc and desc. I answered wrongly..

--
    Dineshbabu
    Desire to learn new things..

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply