Sentiment Analysis

• I want to do sentiment analysis, I need to know how I can achieve this using SQL Server?

• mksunel (12/31/2012)

I want to do sentiment analysis, I need to know how I can achieve this using SQL Server?

Oh come on. Please see the link in my signature regarding how to address questions to this forum and post something we can usefully answer.

I'm off to research how SQL Server can help me play piano.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• mksunel (12/31/2012)

I want to do sentiment analysis, I need to know how I can achieve this using SQL Server?

How about this... Go find a random person, show him or her your copy of SQL Server, then ask how he or she feels about it.

But seriously, I've seen some work by folks doing tasks that would be best done in SAS or SPSS, like this one probably would be. However, you have given us nothing to go on. What kind of data do you have? What kind of results are you looking for? It sounds like it could be a fun problem if we had something, anything, to go on.

Greg
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    The glass is at one half capacity: nothing more, nothing less.

• How about this... Go find a random person, show him or her your copy of SQL Server, then ask how he or she feels about it.

I thought I'd give this a shot. Found my random person.

Then I tried to show them my copy of SQL Server. But how does one do that? I'm flummoxed 😀

Happy new year to all. I should sign off before I drink too much more ...

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (12/31/2012)

How about this... Go find a random person, show him or her your copy of SQL Server, then ask how he or she feels about it.

I thought I'd give this a shot. Found my random person.

Then I tried to show them my copy of SQL Server. But how does one do that? I'm flummoxed 😀

Happy new year to all. I should sign off before I drink too much more ...

ROFL 😛

Happy New Year, Phil!

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• OP: Do you know what sentiment analysis actually is? ("Generally speaking, sentiment analysis aims to determine the attitude of a speaker or a writer with respect to some topic or the overall contextual polarity of a document.") Have you done any research on what data are typically collected, the approaches taken, and how to interpret the data? Once you get an idea of what it is, why you're collecting the data, and what you'll do with the analysis, then it should be fairly easy to determine how SQL Server is just one of several tools you'll need to have available for your task.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply