Sending emails

• I never really found the problem but I worked around it.

When using sp_send_dbmail ...... @query='select whatever you want to send',

for some reason that I didn't figure out, the attachment created was way larger than it was supposed to be.

So I stopped using @query and began to use @file_attachments instead.

Since then, I never had that problem.

Of course, I need to save the results of 'select whatever you want to send' to an external file and then call sp_send_dbmail.

I hope that helps.

Luiz.

• Thank you for your reply.

• I ran into the same issue as i can send emails with attachments < 1 MB but not more than 1MB.

Everything looks good in Sysmail_**** views. Status column is set to SEND in sysmail_allitems view.

After troubleshooting with our SA – I have found out that there was issue in exchange Server which was clogging for some reasons.

Pls check on email server and SMTP Settings change. It’s not an issue on SQL Server side.

• I ran into the same issue as i can send emails with attachments < 1 MB but not more than 1MB.

Everything looks good in Sysmail_**** views. Status column is set to SEND in sysmail_allitems view.

After troubleshooting with our SA – I have found out that there was issue in exchange Server which was clogging for some reasons.

I would recomend to check on exchange server and any changes on SMTP Server. It’s not an issue on SQL Server side.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply