Send Your Feedback

• Send Your Feedback

In case you haven't heard, development of the next version of SQL Server, "Katmai", is ramping up and the various teams are looking for feedback. Specifically I came across this one interesting request for feedback on

Query Notification.

If you've never used this, you're probably not alone. It's an interesting new technology that I had no idea about before I read the post linked above. Basically this allows a client to send a note to the server and requests a "notification" if the results of the query change. This allows the client to "cache" the result set and not re-query the server for the same information if it hasn't changed.

It's a part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) features of SQL Server 2005 and can be useful in preventing unnecessary loads on the database server. Since SOA architectures are relatively new and most of us are stuck with supporting applications within some older framework, I'm not sure how widely this feature is deployed, but it's nice to see the development team is out there looking for feedback.

As much as I'm not thrilled with the new feedback center for suggestions, I do encourage all of you to submit feedback for the next version. Now is the time to let them know what's important to you and what should be in the next version of SQL Server.

Steve Jones

• Now is the time to let them know what's important to you and

And what Steve??

• Whoops

multi-word Cut and paste accident.

My apologies.

• NP... as long as we can see the rest now

Thanx for the quick fix.

• Where is the photograph from? Alaska?

• The real Katmai project:

Katami

Best viewed during local daylight times

• Alaska

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply