Send mail based on count from SQL Task

• I just need a little direction. I have some T-Sql code that I have to run and if the row count comes back greater than 0 I want to send off an email. Because of some rights issues in our environment I need to do this from SSIS although I realize it would be much easier to do it all through T-SQL and use dbmail. Just need some insight on the best and easiest way to accomplish this through SSIS. Thanks.

• EXEC MSDB.dbo.SP_SEND_DBMAIL

@profile_name = 'Reporting Team'

,@recipients = 'a@microsoft.com; ,@copy_recipients =@CCList

, @subject = N'Phone Volume'

, @query_result_header = 0

,@body = @tableHTML

,@body_format = 'HTML'

Use the above format and make sure you create the profile, if you dont have one and @body it can be anything. This is the easiest way

Simon

• - Create an int variable, scoped at package level, to hold the rowcount results.

- Use an Execute SQL task to run the count query and assign the result to rowcount

- Add a Send Mail task after the Execute SQL task, with a precedence constraint controlled by the value of rowcount

job done!

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks Phil. Based on your instructions I was able to get it to work. Thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply