Send emails with grouped data from SSRS report

• I am trying to send an email to contacts located within our CRM system. I am using SSRS to report on this system. The email will go out weekly and needs to be dynamically populated to include all related records to that contact.

For example, the report I have written has the following results grouped on email address. How can I turn this into one email for each email address with the related data below.

I know I can export to Excel and do a mail merge or I could create a worklflow or mailmerge within CRM that will do one record at a time - not acceptable because some contacts would get 20 emails each time this is run (weekly).

email1@domain1.com

record1,field1,field2,field3,field4

record3,field1,field2,field3,field4

record8,field1,field2,field3,field4

record7,field1,field2,field3,field4

email2@domain2.com

record3,field1,field2,field3,field4

record5,field1,field2,field3,field4

email3@domain3.com

record1,field1,field2,field3,field4

record2,field1,field2,field3,field4

record4,field1,field2,field3,field4

record10,field1,field2,field3,field4

• You can do this using data driven subscription in reporting services.

Let me give you an example.

I have different branch details in my database with manager assigned to each branch. I have email address in one table all all branch and branch name. I have one more table with all the detail of each branch. I make the report where i pass email address in the parameter.

Based on that parameter the report is designed to get the branch name (easy to get from the table). Based on that branch it will render the report data and then sends an email to parameter email address.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Vijay

• I've not used data driven subscriptions before, so if you could help get me a little closer to how to implement this, I would appreciate it.

• Also, I have SQL 2005 Standard. I am reading that Data Driven only works with Dev. and Ent. versions. Is this true?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply