Send email Notification in Single instance for all error SSIS (SQL Server 2008)

• Hi,

I am a newbie in creating SSIS package. The basic import of CSV files into our SQL Server 2008 DB is working fine but I have to set a send notification email when there is an error. However, it trigger several emails every error. is there any way we can combine all errors and send it at once? Thanks

• Jim5130 (3/12/2015)

Hi,

I am a newbie in creating SSIS package. The basic import of CSV files into our SQL Server 2008 DB is working fine but I have to set a send notification email when there is an error. However, it trigger several emails every error. is there any way we can combine all errors and send it at once? Thanks

Not knowing exactly how your package is set up, I'll assume you are loading multiple files with some kind of iteration logic in a container...

I guess you could capture all your errors to a variable and send the email at the end of the process with the variable value as the email text...

• Actually, it is like a basic importing only where I have the flat file source and some lookup to avoid duplication and after that, the importing is executed. I got all the error imported into a SSIS_log table if in case the task fails and I wanted to send it to email in 1 shot only.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply