SELECT from Many-to-Many Columns Unique Values from Column 1 and Non-duplicate from Column2

• Thanks for your prompt response.

I would like to provide more details to the requirements.

In my challenge, 1 product can has thousands of alerts and I need to report all Alert_Codes and select for each alert a product_code that hasn't been reported in previous alert

The idea is that all alert_codes should appear once A,B,C...ZZZZZ. For each alert_code I should display 1 of the infinite product_code numbers associated to the alert_code, the only condition is that they do not repeat in the display. The situation is that many of the product_code are repeated in every alert_code and not able to select not repeated. I am trying not to use CURSORS, which would solve the challenge.

So, the final output should be something like

A->123

B->456

C->789

D->135

E->246

AA->999

AZ->9999

ZZZZZ->9999999

etc...

The alert_code is an integer in my real scenario, but I just decided to use letters to make simpler.

The product_code is an integer in my real scenario, I just used 3 digits to make it simpler and easy to differentiate.

I hope my requirements are better explained.

Thanks for your help.

• Thanks for your prompt response.

I would like to provide more details to the requirements.

In my challenge, 1 product can has thousands of alerts and I need to report all Alert_Codes and select for each alert a product_code that hasn't been reported in previous alert

The idea is that all alert_codes should appear once A,B,C...ZZZZZ. For each alert_code I should display 1 of the infinite product_code numbers associated to the alert_code, the only condition is that they do not repeat in the display. The situation is that many of the product_code are repeated in every alert_code and not able to select not repeated. I am trying not to use CURSORS, which would solve the challenge.

So, the final output should be something like

A->123

B->456

C->789

D->135

E->246

AA->999

AZ->9999

ZZZZZ->9999999

etc...

The alert_code is an integer in my real scenario, but I just decided to use letters to make simpler.

The product_code is an integer in my real scenario, I just used 3 digits to make it simpler and easy to differentiate.

I hope my requirements are better explained.

Thanks for your help.

• Thanks for the help.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply