Security Permissions error when attempting to run SSIS package from SQL Agent job

• Hi everyone,

I have been struggling with this all morning...

I tried multiple solutions:

Running the SQL Agent under Local System

Running the SQL Agent under domain account - created a credential/proxy for this account

Granted domain account all SSIS roles and AGENT roles in MSDB

Set SQL Agent domain account as sysadmin

Imported the SSIS package using the Package Protection Level "Rely on server storage and roles for access control"

In the job, the task is set as a "SQL Server Integration Services Package" running as the proxy - tried running as the Agent account, still same result.

I am out of ideas, seeking others....help!

Any other areas I should look at?:sick:

• Do the following roles have execute permission on that stored procedure:

db_ssisadmin, db_ssisoperator, db_ssisltduser

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• da-zero (11/16/2010)

Do the following roles have execute permission on that stored procedure:

db_ssisadmin, db_ssisoperator, db_ssisltduser

I assumed they did, since it out-of-the-box roles, but it is a good practive to check. Thanks.

And yes, they all have the exec permission.

• Any chance anybody found a resolution to this? I have the same problem and even granted execute permission to the procedure for the specific user account in question (below). I have tried all the tricks from other forums and still do not have a resolution. 2008-R2

use [msdb]

GO

GRANT EXECUTE ON [dbo].[sp_ssis_getpackage] TO [gbs\s-sea-sqlservice]

GO

When the job runs, the job history shows:

Could not load package "\TPA Analysis Rebuild" because of error 0xC0014062. Description: The LoadFromSQLServer method has encountered OLE DB error code 0x80040E09 (The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sp_ssis_getpackage', database 'msdb', schema 'dbo'.). The SQL statement that was issued has failed. Source: Started: 1:46:18 PM Finished: 1:46:19 PM Elapsed: 0.53 seconds. The package could not be loaded. The step failed.

• cascade-enterprise (8/10/2011)

Any chance anybody found a resolution to this? I have the same problem and even granted execute permission to the procedure for the specific user account in question (below). I have tried all the tricks from other forums and still do not have a resolution. 2008-R2

use [msdb]

GO

GRANT EXECUTE ON [dbo].[sp_ssis_getpackage] TO [gbs\s-sea-sqlservice]

GO

When the job runs, the job history shows:

Could not load package "\TPA Analysis Rebuild" because of error 0xC0014062. Description: The LoadFromSQLServer method has encountered OLE DB error code 0x80040E09 (The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sp_ssis_getpackage', database 'msdb', schema 'dbo'.). The SQL statement that was issued has failed. Source: Started: 1:46:18 PM Finished: 1:46:19 PM Elapsed: 0.53 seconds. The package could not be loaded. The step failed.

Granting EXECUTE on that object, or alternatively, making your execution account a member of the db_ssisoperator role is all you need to do to resolve the error you are experiencing. This may see like a stupid question but are you certain that your package is running in the context of [gbs\s-sea-sqlservice]?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply