Security Account Delegation

• Has anyone been able to successfully implement security account delegation?  I followed the steps in BOL and I still can't connect to a linked server via my login's security context.  Here is the error that i get:

Server: Msg 7314, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

OLE DB provider 'Rbcdba' does not contain table '"rbc_datawarehouse"."dbo"."cmsbatch"'.  The table either does not exist or the current user does not have permissions on that table.

OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error:  OLE DB provider does not contain the table: ProviderName='Rbcdba', TableName='"rbc_datawarehouse"."dbo"."cmsbatch"'].

Here's a strange thing.  If I put the query that I tested into a job and run the job, it finishes successfully!  SQL Server agent is running under the same account that i logged into QA with.  Not sure why it works there and not in QA.  When I set up the job step, it gives me the error below initially but then the job runs successfully and gives me the results of the query statement.

The server detected the following syntax errors in the command:  Error 7314:  OLE DB provider 'server2' does not contain table 'Rbc_datawarehouse.dbo.cmsbatch'.  The table either does not exist or the current user does not have permissions on the table.  OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error:  OLE DB provider des not contain the table:  ProviderName='server2',Tablename='Rbc_Datawarehouse.dbo.cmsBatch'  Are you sure this is what you want?

I am almost ready to call MS tech support to see what I am missing. Any help you can offer would be appreciate!

John

• and everything is set right in AD? Account can be delegated and the SQL Server (actual computer) is authorized to delegate?

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Yes, in AD I checked the options for the account to be delegated and the computer is authorized to delegate.

John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply