Securing Excel Pivot table to filter only

• Our Marketing group wants to expose some pre-defined templates to gather firm data. They want to publish to other marketing people, but only want to allow filtering and not dragging new fields into the pivot area. Is this possible through SSAS? Maybe Excel?

Thanks!

• From a cube level you can use perspectives to present different subsets of cubes to different audiences.

I haven't tried to lock down excel, but I have published pivot tables to SharePoint 2007 using excel services where they are limited to only changing the filter values

• I was looking into publishing to Sharepoint as well but ran into some connection issues. Right now I can see the worksheet, but whenever I click to open the filter I get an error. I've attempted to create the connection, but unsure which credentials are needed there. Any assistance there would be fantastic as I see Sharepoint being a very viable option for us.

Thanks!

• Excel services requires you to specify the trusted locations in the SharePoint Central Admin settings.

Also we had similar issues in our environment due to using Kerberos for authentication. Our SharePoint admin had to set the access model to delegation from trusted subsystem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply