Searching SSIS source

• We have some data on a legacy system and have been transitioning away from it to a newer system.

I think we're done but but it would be nice to search all the SSIS source to be certain. The way I've normally done this is by just doing a file search of all the DTSX files in my source folder, but this isn't a complete list.

I would need to download every project from TFS and wondering if it's possible to search source on the SQL Server directly? Actually in the past I've not had luck searching TFS but now we keep everything in TFS Git repos so maybe that will work. Will try that as well.

All our packages are stored in the SSISDB database. I know they are encrypted but is it possible to decrypt and search the file contents?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  TangoVictor.
  • I've never tried, but do you have the password used when the SSISDB database was created? If you do, you could try the sort of stuff which is detailed here.

To be honest, you might be better off using SSMS to export the SSISDB projects to ispacs and then unpacking those. This method will definitely work.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Ok yeah I wasn't sure if it's as simple as just using the dmk. Read a post that made me think there was more going on with the encryption.

I'm going to give that a shot on my dev server and see what I get.

Otherwise I'll grab the source or the ispac files like you suggested.

Will reply if I find anything interesting.

Thx

• TangoVictor wrote:

Ok yeah I wasn't sure if it's as simple as just using the dmk. Read a post that made me think there was more going on with the encryption.

I also seem to remember reading this somewhere. Worth a try nonetheless. You could also try running a trace while exporting an ispac to see whether that provides any clues.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply