Searching in PDF-files with full text indexes

• After trying it a few times in the past, again I was hoping to make SQL Server search in PDF-files with full text indexes.

I did everything according to the instructions:

- I've downloaded the filter 11.0 from Adobe

- Than I've granted access rights to the iFilter directory to the SQL Server account and the Full Text service account

- I've added a path of the iFilter bin directory to the system PATH variable

- I ran the following statements:

[font="Courier New"]EXEC sp_fulltext_service@action='load_os_resources', @value=1;

EXEC sp_fulltext_service@action='verify_signature', @value=0;[/font]

- I've restarted the services

- If I execute the statement below, it gives a row back with the location of the dll:

[font="Courier New"]

SELECT document_type, path

FROM sys.fulltext_document_types

WHERE document_type = '.pdf'[/font]

So it seems to be configured properly, but when I execute a select-statement, no results.

Re-populating the index doesn't help.

if I look in SQLFT0000700005.LOG in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.SQLSERVER2014\MSSQL\Log it tells me:

Informational: Full-text Auto population completed for table or indexed view '[Quadro].[dbo].[Inkoopfacturen]' (table or indexed view ID '1533248517', database ID '7'). Number of documents processed: 0. Number of documents failed: 0. Number of documents that will be retried: 0.

There are 3 documents in the table.

How can I make this work?

• According to the Adobe documentation for installing the iFilter plugin, you also need to add the iFilter \BIN\ directory to the path on the server.

Several times when I've set it up, I've forgotten that step, and then started wondering why it wasn't working...

(EDIT)

And, I'm sorry, I just saw that you had done that step...

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply