Search in a report.

• I have a report that is like 150 pages long. How do I search for particular data in those 150 pages after generating the report by pass dates as parameters . Is this possible.

So my report gets generated initially . Since its too long I want to have a search so that the user can directly go to that page by using the search function .

thanks

• There is existing code from Microsoft that takes year and month and employee name as parameters, you could use that without the employee name. 150 pages is not a long report, you must know the Microsoft code does not give you any report without the parameters. Check below and download the AdventureWorks Reports Samples, this is assuming you already have the AdventureWorks OLTP database running, if not you also need to download that.

http://www.codeplex.com/MSFTRSProdSamples/

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Appreciate your response. I am sorry , should have mentioned initiall,I am using sql server 2000 /Reporting services 2000 and visual studio 2003 .

Thanks

• There is still download for SQL Server 2005 trial which is good for about six months you can run the sample and clone the code with your database.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply