Scripts Library

• Group scripts by author?

• Because?

Not saying it's a bad idea, but outside of the author, is there value here? Does a script become more valuable because it's from an author?

• Actually, yes. I have seen that a couple of script authors have posted scripts in multiple parts but it is difficult to find them since there are no links between them, unlike most multi-part articles.

• Ah, that's a good item.

I'll add to the list. Not sure how hard this is to implement.

• Lynn Pettis (5/13/2016)

Actually, yes. I have seen that a couple of script authors have posted scripts in multiple parts but it is difficult to find them since there are no links between them, unlike most multi-part articles.

Are you talking about something like this[/url]?

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• Alan.B (5/13/2016)

Lynn Pettis (5/13/2016)

Actually, yes. I have seen that a couple of script authors have posted scripts in multiple parts but it is difficult to find them since there are no links between them, unlike most multi-part articles.

Yes, but how do you get to this? It doesn't look like you can get there from the Scripts navigation link.

• Lynn Pettis (5/13/2016)

Alan.B (5/13/2016)

Lynn Pettis (5/13/2016)

Yes, but how do you get to this? It doesn't look like you can get there from the Scripts navigation link.

I got to that by going to one of the scripts and clicking on the author. To see all of someone's scripts I would search for that person and select the "scripts" radio button. If they had any scripts I could click on that author.

I know that's not exactly what you were looking for bit hopefully it was helpful.

P.S. Steve and Lynn - I was in Denver, Boulder and Broomfield a few weeks ago. First trip to Colorado. Very beautiful state.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• Alan.B (5/13/2016)

Lynn Pettis (5/13/2016)

Alan.B (5/13/2016)

Lynn Pettis (5/13/2016)

I got to that by going to one of the scripts and clicking on the author. To see all of someone's scripts I would search for that person and select the "scripts" radio button. If they had any scripts I could click on that author.

I know that's not exactly what you were looking for bit hopefully it was helpful.

P.S. Steve and Lynn - I was in Denver, Boulder and Broomfield a few weeks ago. First trip to Colorado. Very beautiful state.

But it looks like you didn't make it my way, down to Colorado Springs. Yes, Colorado is beautiful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply