Scripting Profiler Trace for AS

• This is a two-part plea for help ... Im trying to debug some errors with a Cube processing job, the AS instance is on the same box as the SQL instance where the job runs.

I'm currently capturing SQL Trace data and Perfmon counters, but I need to capture AS Trace data as well. As this is a production SQL box, I am starting and stopping all the data collection in job steps, so they only run when the Cube is processing.

(1) I have scripted the default AS Profiler Trace in XMLA, but I'm getting an error, and I dont know enough about XMLA to debug ...

Error:

Executing the query ...

XML parsing failed at line 7, column 53: A text/xml declaration may occur only at the very beginning of input.

Execution complete

XMLA (I removed all the Events / Columns except one, so it would be shorter, the result is the same though):

&lt?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt

&ltBatch xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/analysisservices/2003/engine"&gt

&ltCreate xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/analysisservices/2003/engine"&gt

&ltObjectDefinition&gt

&ltTrace&gt

&ltID&gtOLAP_Errors_OLAP_Trace&lt/ID&gt

&ltName&gtOLAP_Errors_OLAP_Trace&lt/Name&gt

&ltEvents&gt

&ltEvent&gt

&ltEventID&gt15&lt/EventID&gt

&ltColumns&gt

&ltColumnID&gt28&lt/ColumnID&gt

&lt/Columns&gt

&lt/Event&gt

&lt/Events&gt

&ltFilter&gt

&ltNotLike&gt

&ltColumnID&gt37&lt/ColumnID&gt

&ltValue&gtSQL Server Profiler - 54043a84-7877-4b36-b048-e70f72bf42cf&lt/Value&gt

&lt/NotLike&gt

&lt/Filter&gt

&lt/Trace&gt

&lt/ObjectDefinition&gt

&lt/Create&gt

&lt/Batch&gt

(2) How can I turn the AS Trace off after the Cube has processed?

TIA ...

• I found the information - I did a complete write-up, and I'm going to submit it as an article.

• Hi,

How did you solved your issue?

Best,

Duarte

• I'm sorry, but I don't have that information any more.

• Ok, thanks!

But do you use other tool to do that stuff?

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply