Scripting Permissions Error, SQL 2K sp4

• I have a machine on which my Domain Account is a member of the SQL Server SysAdmin Server Role. The server is SQL 2000 SP4 (build 2282). I am using SSMS (2005) to access the database.

I receive this error (see attached screen shot) when I try to script or modify user defined table functions. I do not receive the error when I try to script or modify user defined scalar functions, stored procedures, or tables.

I am using the context menu you get when you right click on the object and thne choosing Script/Modify.

Here is the text of the error dialog.

Script failed for UserDefinedFunction 'dbo.fn_myTableFunction'. (Microsoft.SQLServer.Smo)

Property Quoted IdentifierStatus is not available for UserDefinedFunction '[dbo].[fn_myTableFunction]'. The property may not exist for this object or may not be retrievalble due to insufficient access rights. (Microsoft.SQLServer.Smo)

• Please check whether the user has been explicitly denied access on the Functions

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Thanks,

The user is SysAdmin role with no explicit denials.

The problem turned out to be an SSMS bug. The work station had SQL 205 RTM. I installed Service Pack 3 and now it all works fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply