ScriptComponent inside a ForEach loop, variable problem

• I have a Script Component inside a ForEach loop, which gives me this error -

[Script Component [13]] Error: System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlNullValueException: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ScriptComponentHost.HandleUserException(Exception e)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ScriptComponentHost.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer100[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket)

The script runs fine when it's not inside a ForEach loop and I supply the variable by manually setting it.

Below is part of the script. If I enable the MsgBox, it confimrs that a variable value is being correctly set.

The variable is comming from a ResultSet of an Execute SQL Task which is outside of the ForEach loop.

Public Overrides Sub PreExecute()

Dim OFI_No As String

OFI_No = Me.Variables.OFINumber

'MsgBox(OFI_No)

Dim cmd As New SqlClient.SqlCommand("Declare @SessionID int; Exec " & _

"servername.OFI.dbo.sp_GetOFITypeAvvikelse @WHERE = 'dbo.Avvikelse.ID = " & OFI_No & "'", Conn)

sqlReader = cmd.ExecuteReader

End Sub

What am I missing?

Tim

• You have no null handling on your string concatenation - try adding some, and see which section is failing.

• Sorry for the delay in getting back to you (I got sidetracked on to some other issues).

But your right, it was a problem with NULL's. I thought I had tested for all possible occurrences, but had missed some.

And fixings the Null’s fixed the problem.

Many thanks

Tim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply