script to reorganise all Enabled indexes

• hi

my index reorganise maintenance plan fails partly due to the disabled indexes

Executing the query "ALTER INDEX [I_ModelSecurityCommon_RECID] ON [dbo]..." failed with the following error: "Cannot perform the specified operation on disabled index 'I_ModelSecurityCommon_RECID' on table 'dbo.ModelSecurityCommon'.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

i dont want to delete the indexes as they are standard indexes that where on the DB from install

does anyone have a script that will reorganise all enabled indexes? and also to rebuild?

thanks

mal

• Yeah, you should check out Minion Reindex[/url]. It's part of the MinionWare suite[/url]. It's a free piece of software and is quite excellent. I wrote up a review of it here[/url] and it's been updated since then.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• thank you grant, i will get a good review of this, seems to be just what i need!

• brilliant tool, thanks for bringing to my attention! 😀

• Wow, thanks for the good words guys.

Let me know if you need any help with anything.

And oh yeah, I'll have to check that MR specifically weeds out disabled indexes.

We're about to release v.1.2 which will have bug fixes and I'll add this to the list if it's not already there.

Watch my free SQL Server Tutorials at:
    http://MidnightDBA.com
    Blog Author of:
    DBA Rant – http://www.MidnightDBA.com/DBARant

Minion Maintenance is FREE:

• hi folks,

after i do some index rebuilds is till have a high frag level eg 75%

i am guessing this is down to low page count? is there an option to ignore indexes with a page count of less than 1000 etc?

thanks

mal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply