Script for schema comparison

• Hi

Does anyone have a readymade script for schema comparision between 2 databases? I just want to compare schema of tables. If table doesn't exist in one of the DB, then it may be ignored.

I know there are many tools out there, but I just don't have permission to install anything on this server.

Thanks

Online Trainer For SQL DBA and Developer @RedBushTechnologies with 18 yrs exp.

• Dear When Im Post Reply my Reply not show y ANy One Tell Me ?

Website solution | Web development Company | Web application

• It's not a script as such, but Visual Studio 2010 Premium and Ultimate has a schema compare facility which will do what you want.

You don't need to install anything on the server, just connect from a client machine.

• Ok, i'll try that out...

SQLEnthusiast (4/17/2012)

It's not a script as such, but Visual Studio 2010 Premium and Ultimate has a schema compare facility which will do what you want.

You don't need to install anything on the server, just connect from a client machine.

• But carmellabanker, I can see your comments.........

carmellabanker (4/17/2012)

Dear When Im Post Reply my Reply not show y ANy One Tell Me ?

Website solution | Web development Company | Web application

• The 'tools' you refer to do not necessarily require anything to be installed on a server - just your client machine...

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply