Script Editor not opening

• Please assist. My script editor dont open, it is giving me a time out or delay. I tried to retarget my server by changing it in the project properties. Also trying reinstalling and to repair. Nothing seems to work. This is for SSSIS17/21. also tried, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73906823/ssis-script-task-edit-script-not-working

• This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  yrstruly.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • This has happened to me several times, and it's a pain.

But uninstalling and reinstalling 'Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Projects' and SSDT has worked in fixing it.

Next step would be a full reinstall of VS.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I wrote about one cause of this at https://andyleonard.blog/2021/07/ssis-script-error-cannot-load-script-for-execution/ and about another cause at https://andyleonard.blog/2015/11/vsta-script-editor-not-displaying-in-vs2015-ssis-2016/

Hope this helps,

Andy

Andy Leonard, Chief Data Engineer, Enterprise Data & Analytics

• This happens quite often when either SSMS or VS is updated.  The solution is to repair 'Microsoft Visual Studio for Application' for your version.  Start with the version for 2017 and if that doesn't work - repair the 2019 version.

Apparently, either SSMS or VS itself overwrites something needed by the above and the repair puts it back.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

1. Repair Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications. This is a common solution that has worked for many people. To do this, open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features. Find the entry for "Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications" and right-click on it. Select "Change" and then click on the "Repair" button.
    2. Install the latest version of the SQL Server Integration Services Projects extension for Visual Studio. You can download the latest version of the extension from the Microsoft website.
    3. Update your drivers for Visual Studio and SQL Server. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for Visual Studio and SQL Server installed. You can download the latest drivers from the respective websites.
    4. Create a new SSIS project and try to open the script editor in that project. If you can open the script editor in a new project, then the problem is with your existing project. Try to troubleshoot the problem with your existing project.
    5. Reset Visual Studio. To do this, open Visual Studio and go to File > New > Project. In the Project Types list, select "Visual Studio Solutions" and in the Templates list, select "Empty Solution". Click on the "Create" button. This will create a new empty solution. Close Visual Studio and then reopen it.

If you have tried all of these solutions and the problem is still not fixed, then you can contact Microsoft support for help.

• Parthprajapati wrote:

1. Repair Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications. This is a common solution that has worked for many people. To do this, open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features. Find the entry for "Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications" and right-click on it. Select "Change" and then click on the "Repair" button.

--snip

Did you write this yourself, or did AI write it for you?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply