Script discussions

• Would it be possible to allow discussions about each script in the same way that there is the way to discuss each article. Whilst I can give a script a poor rating, it would be nice to be able to explain my reasons.

• Does make sense. We'll look at it, depends on how Brian implemented the scripts I think how much time it'll take (and when we can find it!). Thanks for the suggestion!

Andy

• Great idea ians. I'll add that to our wish list for FAQs and Scripts.

Brian Knight

bknight@sqlservercentral.com

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bknight

• Was this ever implemented?

It would be nice on the script screen to have a link to a forum thread or to start one. Often it seems that authors don't quite put all the needed info in the script description and it would be helpful to be able to add comments.

Also, is there a way to search on scripts? I know that searching in general is a thorn in your side but it doesn't seem to include scripts.

What would be cool is to be able to search on something like 'sp_attach_db' and have it pull up all the scripts that use that SP. Perhaps have a function that searches for SQL keywords when you submit a script. Then add them to an index. Or make it more restrictive and just on procs and funcs.

Not that I have a clue how your web site works behind the scenes...

"I met Larry Niven at ConClave 27...AND I fixed his computer. How cool is that?"
    (Memoirs of a geek)

• Embarrasingly it has not. It kept getting pushed down the list. We're currently only doing maintenance that has to be done while gathering a whole list of changes we need for v2 of the site. We'll be soliciting more public feedback over the next month or two. Right now we're anticipating a complete rewrite in asp.net, something that will last us another couple years anyway!

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply