script

• Hi,

In my table pp table is there.pp table having isactive field .
    if i set isactive = 0 in pp table  it will exports table records pp to  pp_old  table  and after wards the pp table needs to Truncated
    any scripts please above logic

• Diyas - Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:28 PM

Hi,

In my table pp table is there.pp table having isactive field .
    if i set isactive = 0 in pp table  it will exports table records pp to  pp_old  table  and after wards the pp table needs to Truncated
    any scripts please above logic

With > 4000 points, you should know better. Please post DDL, sample data and desired results

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• pp source table -->select id,PPID,Name,Create_Date,Modified_Date, isactive from A.PP
    pp_old destination table.--> select id,PPID,Name,Create_Date,Modified_Date, isactive from A.PP_old

• Diyas - Tuesday, July 10, 2018 2:10 PM

pp source table -->select id,PPID,Name,Create_Date,Modified_Date, isactive from A.PP
    pp_old destination table.--> select id,PPID,Name,Create_Date,Modified_Date, isactive from A.PP_old

With > 4000 points, you should know better.  This does not qualify as DDL, sample data, or expected results.  We don't have access to your database, so providing a query that can only be run against your database is pointless.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• Okay, let us just throw out a wild a$$ guess:

declare @DeletedRec table (id int);

insert into A.PP_OLD
    output inserted.id into @DeletedRec(id)
    select * from A.PP where isactive = 0;

delete from A.PP [pp] where [pp].[id] in (select id from @DeletedRec);

-- or, you could just do this:

delete from A.PP where isactive = 0;

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply