Scientific number in varchar column

• Jeff Moden wrote:

MVDBA (Mike Vessey) wrote:

x wrote:

Phil Parkin wrote:

JEFF Do NOT go all SSIS on me ๐Ÿ™‚ we all know it's Bulk insert with a formatfile or openrowset

Jeff's blood pressure just went up a notch ๐Ÿ™‚

wait until Joe gets in on this

I want to see how high we can get that pressure up - in the mean time , lets help this fella out

If OP used punched cards he wouldn't be having all this trouble.

It's ok - jeff reads punchcards like he is a blind man reading brail- he can do it. it's Kimball tags he fails with

Heh... and I've found a lucrative side business... I sell the chad from the punchcards to the Broward County Canvassing Board in Florida. ๐Ÿ˜€

it's more fun putting all shredded paper and chad intoย  the umbrellas we have at reception - once you turn it upside down it's instant snow.

MVDBA

• Is 'chad' an American term? I have no idea what it means!

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin wrote:

Is 'chad' an American term? I have no idea what it means!

you know the little dots of paper that you have to empty from the hole punch... that's chad (i'm from the UK I had to google it)

ps - umbrellas aren't the only place you can put it - car Air conditioning vents and windscreen sun visors are fair game if you leave your car keys on the desk afterย  I found a new cursor checkedย  into source control - if they didn't check it in then I use glitter ๐Ÿ™‚

Never mess with a DBA ๐Ÿ™‚

MVDBA

• Thanks, Mike. I am also from the UK.

When I Googled 'chad', I ended up learning a lot about a country in Africa, but nothing about hole-punch waste! ๐Ÿ™‚

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin wrote:

Thanks, Mike. I am also from the UK.

When I Googled 'chad', I ended up learning a lot about a country in Africa, but nothing about hole-punch waste! ๐Ÿ™‚

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_punch#Multiple_hole_punches

Most multiple-hole and many single-hole punches accumulate the waste paper circles (chads) in a chamber, which must be periodically emptied in order to allow the continued operation of the punch. For large stacks of paper, a process of drilling may work better than punching.

PS: I'd never heard of chads either.

• Phil Parkin wrote:

whereabouts ? - i'm from the midlands , we know a lot about "chavs" rather than chads

MVDBA

• MVDBA (Mike Vessey) wrote:

Phil Parkin wrote:

whereabouts ? - i'm from the midlands , we know a lot about "chavs" rather than chads

Central Africa ... link. Chavs I am, of course, familiar with!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply