How we schedule a SSIS package in SQL Server Agent JOb

can anybody tell the process

thanks

sathish

• - Create a job

- Add a step

- Choose the step type for executing an SSIS package

- Select the package you want to run

The UI is fairly intuitive, you may want to just try it.

• Thanks Michael,

yesterday i have tryied in the same way how you told, job is created successfully, but it is not executing at the specified time.

what is the problem?

thanks

sathish

• Check the job log (assuming it's actually erroring), also check to ensure SQL Agent is actually running.

Steve.

• You need to create a schedule from the schedule tab for the job to execute at the specified time.

Make sure you check the Enabled checkbox in the schedule tab.

Regards,

Samata

• Thanks samata,

The Enabled checkbox is checked, the job execution is failed.

The message in View History is like

The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 17 (NewJob1). The last step to run was step 1 (Step1).

so where iam doing mistake actually.

pls give me any suggestions

Thanks

sathish

• Hey Satish,

On the job history, click on the expand (+) button, and look at the history for the specific step.

Looking at the history for the job isnt going to give you much, the actual reason for failure is more likely to reside at a step level.

The first thing I would ask is if my SQL server agent has the correct access required by the package.

~PD

• In your SSIS package you can also create a log.

Use this log to document all the steps that your package runs through, and check the log verifies everything correctly by running the package manually through BIDS.

The next step (instead of a scheduled run) is to force the job to run through sql agent by starting it manually. Check the log for more details if the job fails, as this will give you more insight into exactly what the failure is. If the job does fail here, it's often down to security settings which haven't been configured correctly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply