Scheduled jobs causing Scheduled Tasks not to run

• Win2000 OS and SQLSERVER 2000

Has anyone ever ran into this little ditty. I've created two DTS's that are scheduled to run at 6:30 every morning.

Before these were created I have various Scheduled tasks running, that have been running for over a year. These tasks basically execute either a .cmd or vbs file

The morning after I created the SQL jobs my scheduled tasks quit working. I check the schedlgu.txt file and found the error was in the Run_as user (login failer). After I reset the password for the run_as user, which was Administrator the tasks would work, but the next morning I would get the same error. It was acting as if the Tasks were "losing" the run_as user password.

If I shot off the jobs in SQL SERVER the scheduled tasks run fine. I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to how the SQL jobs are executing, but it would appear that the definitly have an effect on the server's scheduled tasks.

How about that for a bug? Anyone ever seen this before? Oh by the way I installed SP 2 for SQL SERVER 2000

Thanks

• What is the exact error message you are getting?

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• The error is not occuring in SQL SERVER, but in the servers Scheduled Tasks. I know it's related to SQL SERVER jobs, b/c these tasks ran fine for over a year then they didn't the moment I created these jobs in SQL SERVER.

The log file for the Task Scheduler is

SchedlgU.txt. Below is one of the errors.

"Dump_and_Insert.job" (Dump_and_Insert.vbs) 5/9/2002 6:30:00 AM ** ERROR **

The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed, therefore, the task did not run.

The specific error is:

0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.

I orginally was running these task as domain_name/Administrator and thought that might be the problem, so I changed it to local_machine/Administrator. I get the same results. Like I said, if I disable the jobs in SQL SERVER these tasks seem to run fine as they always did, it's just when I scheduled a job that calls RUNDTS (this is all I've tested so far) that the scheduled tasks quit running.

• Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q222628 and see if applies to your case or at least offers the fix.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply