schedule SSIS package error

• Hi,

I'm trying to schedule a SSIS package and it fails with the following error:

Code: 0xC00291EC Source: Preparation SQL Task Execute SQL Task Description: Failed to acquire connection "DestinationConnectionExcel". Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 9:48:39 AM Finished: 9:48:40 AM Elapsed: 1.825 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

It runs fine when I execute it w/o scheduling, so not sure why it doesn't work. It's a sql query which exports the data to excel and saves it on the hdd. I cannot see the execute as 32-bit under execution options

• When you run the package without scheduling, it runs in security context of the calling user - in other words, you. If you schedule it from SQL Server Agent, it will run under the SQL Server Agent service account or a proxy account. Check whether that account has the necessary share-level and NTFS permissions on the Excel workbook, and also that the path to it is a UNC and doesn't use a local or mapped drive.

John

• I've just created a test folder on the C drive and gave everyone full permissions however I still get the same error

• o103452 (4/5/2016)

I've just created a test folder on the C drive and gave everyone full permissions however I still get the same error

Check whether that account has the necessary share-level and NTFS permissions on the Excel workbook, and also that the path to it is a UNC and doesn't use a local or mapped drive.

John

• my bad, using unc with share & security permissions

...sion 9.00.4035.00 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 11:33:25 AM Error: 2016-04-05 11:33:25.39 Code: 0xC0202009 Source: ExportLogs12 Connection manager "DestinationConnectionExcel" Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040154. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" Hresult: 0x80040154 Description: "Class not registered". End Error Error: 2016-04-05 11:33:25.40 Code: 0xC00291EC Source: Preparation SQL Task Execute SQL Task Description: Failed to acquire connection "DestinationConnectionExcel". Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 11:33:25 AM Finished: 11:33:25 AM Elapsed: 0.374 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

• OK, just as a test, please create a new job with a CmdExec step and a command something like this:

copy c:\MyFolder\MyWorkbook.xls c:\MyFolder\MyWorkbook2.xls

If that doesn't work, it's looking like insufficient permissions or an incorrectly specified path in your connection manager.

John

• executed w/o any errors

• I got around it by using the following

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe /f "\\<path>\test.dtsx"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply