sbs2003 invalid user problem

• Hi, we have software that uses a database user login which is the same user which owns the tables in our databases.

This runs fine on win2k, win2ksbs, and win2003, but on win2003sbs

we have to specify the user in the query string otherwise we get invalid object errors.

Now the probllem is some of our code has the user specified, some doesnt, keeping in mind this is not just 1 program, we have about 300. per client. and they are different per client.

Now normally when you log onto query analyser with this user, you dont need to speciy the table owner in the querystring, as its given, because  you are connected as this user. But in 2003sbs it doesnt seem to be the case.

Does anyone have any idea at all what this could be? Ive set our software up all the ones we have working (win2k, win2ksbs, and win2003) so ive seen it working on them, so i know it must be somthing to do with win2003sbs, but what is the question.

we are using the same service packs on all 3a.

Weve tried looking at MDac and seeing if its that. But it doesnt appear to effect it.

Much help would be appreciated. Oh yeah its sql2000.

si

• Verify that the user has the same object and db permission on that server as the rest. Espeically make sure it hasn't been given dbo status somehow.

• yeah we have .

its happened on 2 clean installs of sbs2003. (2 seperate servers)

same setup that works on our win2k server dev machine

but no go.

• Using Profiler wathc what is happening on those machines and compare with the same activity on one that is working. Might give some insight. Right off I haven't seen this anywhere else so I am not sure where to stab at it yet.

• k cheers

will have a look at that.

The only thing is, i wasnt involved in either of these installs only involved with them after things went pear shaped.. i think  reinstall is in order, to make sure everything is done properly.

will watch profiler though cheers for the tip

• Try changing the owner of the object to dbo

sp_changeobjectowner 'prco_name','dbo'

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply