Saving DTS Packages

• Hello Everyone!

We are going to re-install SQL Server 2000 and I was wondering how I could save my DTS packages?

Thanks for any assist!

Allen

• What I've done is to open each package in design view and save it off as a VB Script.  Then, when I need to bring them back in, I either run the script from VB or from Access.

To run the packages from either VB or Access, you need to set the references to Microsoft DTS Custom Tasks Object Library and Microsoft DTSPackage Object Library, and you do need to change the goPackage.execute to goPackage.SaveToSQLServer "(local)", "sa", "" using the appropriate parameters for the servername, username and password.

In VB, just open a formless project and paste the vbscript into a module, then run it.

In Access, you import the vbscript and open it, then click in the Sub Main and press [F5] to run it or [F8] to step through it.

• Sorry for the panic and the too quick posting looking for help.  I did a little digging and I saved each of the packages as structered files and then I can open them in Enterprise Manager and save them once we get SQL Server reinstalled.

Thanks again!  And sorry for jumping the gun.

Allen

• DTS packages are stored in the MSDB database. if you backup and restore the msdb database  you should find your dts packages.

Julian Kuiters
    juliankuiters.id.au

• by the way, the best way to remove SQL Server is to :

1- Put your Setup CD of your SQL Server

2- make a steps as you install a new DB server .. but in last Screen , it will ask you to install  a new instance or to Remove the SQLServer ... Select to remove it

Now SQL Server is uninstalled ...

I hope this help u.

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply