save mutiple ssrs reports from a ForEach loop into a single file

• Hello,

I have a client who has a letter run that is produced monthly using a combination of SSIS and SSRS. In short, a foreach loop passes the parameter intothe ssrs report and usinga C# script task generates a PDF into a windows folder.

They are asking if I can alter the process so that instead of generating mutiple PDF files, it generates 1 large PDF file with all the letters in it.

I have thought about adding a Powershell script to the end of the SSIS job to stich the files together but I am trying to find if there a cleaner way to do it. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Cheers,

Dave

• Bolting them all together at the end sounds clean enough to me – also makes it easier to maintain when things change (adding or removing files, changing file order etc)

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• If you change the SSRS report to create one page for each customer (with a page break in-between), you should be able to execute that report in the same way you do now (without a customer as parameter) and achieve what you need.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply