Same queries different client

• I have a Siebel CRM with Sql Server back-end database (Sql server 2008 R2 but the database has compatibility Level 80 (Windows 2000)). Each Siebel client is Windows XP with a front-end installation. The client pc has access to the back-end database through ODBC (Sql Server 2000).

All of the clients suddenly slow down a specific query that has to do with call recognition. When the phone rings the number of the caller is used to make a query in the database to find the contact's informations.  The query is issued not server centric but from each client separately.

The strange thing is that only one machine does not show this delay. So I decided to take a trace from the only one machine and  from one of the other machines that have the problem. I attached them.

I wondered if the cause was the ODBC driver because it seems to be a local problem and has to do with the way the client issues the query (since there is even one pc that works ok) and change it to native client 10 but nothing. The next step is to reinstall the clients.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply