Using sql Server 2005
Everything was working fine, then I got up one morning and everything was haywire. I am working on a web site and when I try to login in I get the error message
Login failed for user 'SA' because the account is currently locked out.
I went to my SQL Server and was able to log in using my windows authentication.
1. My Server is set up for Sql Server and Windows Authentication mode
2. Most of the database permissions for sa were gone. When I tried to adder use SA to any database role I got the error message Cannot use the special Principal SA (Sql Server Error message 15405)
3. I logged on to the server as SA and got the same results listed above.
4. I don’t have a problem any other Sql Server logins permissions in my database – it only seems to be a problem with SA.
5. I have tried shutting down the server (Sql Server) and restarting it, but that didn’t fix the problem.
As I said before, this all seemed to have happened overnight. I am the only one using this server right now so I can’t figure out how these changes happened.
I am using the evaluation copy of Windows Server for Small business Server, Build 3790 with SP1. I have only been using it for 3 weeks so I am a long way from the end of the evaluation period, so I don’t think that is the problem.
Do you have an explanation or solution for this problem? Any feedback would be appreciated.