Running SSIS package from IS catalog fails

• This is the situation.

I created a project and package in SSDT 2016.No parameters involved.

This package has 2 tasks.

Task 1 is to drop and create a table if it exists

Task 2 is to read a flat file and load it into a db table ( no expressions in connection string)

This package runs fine within SSDT but when deployed to IS catalog, it fails to run when tried manually

The exec sql task succeeds but the data flow task fails.I am using SSMS 2017

The error i am getting is " cannot find the file"

running the package through SQLAgent also fails with the same error. Creating a proxy for SQLAgent service account also leads to the same result.

Any ideas on how this can be resolved.

• The beauty of using the IS catalog over the previous methods of executing SSIS packages, is the detail that it can provide within the execution reports.

If you right-click on the package within the catalog and select 'Reports/Standard Reports/All Executions' and then 'All Messages' within the failed report, does it provide more information?

My first guess (as yours probably was) would be permissions for the account executing the task, as long as the specified file/folder actually exists.

• Not sure if this is related. but i am seeing this warning.

Could not open global shared memory to communicate with performance DLL; data flow performance counters are not available. To resolve, run this package as an administrator, or on the system's console.

this happens when i run through SSDT 2017 but the package succeeds

but in IS catalog, i see the same warning and the job fails

• Seems to work when i try as a local user on the box where i try to read the file from

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply