Running SSIS Instances in Parallel

• we are trying to load data into a Data Warehouse. We want to follow the guidelines provided in this white paper

"We Loaded 1TB in 30 Minutes with SSIS, and So Can You"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd537533(SQL.100).aspx

In this white paper, he mentioned that, they executed 56 instances of the Same SSIS package in parallel.

Can any body explain me in detail. How to configure the SSIS package to achieve this (running instances in Parallel of the same package).

Do i need to create 56 configuration files for the package. or how to do ?

or I need to create a single config file and change the variable values every time.?

I am new to SSIS and Never done this work before. Please help me.

Thanks in advance

• I ran(still running), 1 package with 15 instances per minute, 1 run for every 4 seconds, execution will last about 10 seconds

this is about.. moving files to different folder based on some values in config file, however i use same confile file.

i ran using commandline command .

• PaVeRa22 (7/22/2010)

I ran(still running), 1 package with 15 instances per minute, 1 run for every 4 seconds, execution will last about 10 seconds

this is about.. moving files to different folder based on some values in config file, however i use same confile file.

i ran using commandline command .

Can you please explain in detail....How can I run the 10 instances of same package from command line.

If don't mind can you please give an example....

• I'm running using DTEXEC command, dtsx file is stored in structured file format in a folder

1. getting set of files from ftp

2. running my dtsx pkg for every 4 seconds, i will move those files to a folder and then process

3. i'm using same package to do all these runs, however config values are different for each run

4. for every 4seconds one dtsx command will run (, it will create a new instance of the package)

• How about these two articles:

Concurrent processing in SSIS – Part 1[/url]

Concurrent processing in SSIS – Part 2[/url]

CEWII

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply