Running SQL 2005 SSIS packages that read FoxPro files in SQL 2012

• We are in the process of upgrading to a new SQL 2012 server but we have many packages that load data from dbf files created with FoxPro into one of our databases. We have not converted the packages and run them with DTS but we get the following error:

Error: 2013-08-26 11:05:27.36

Code: 0xC0209303

Source: BenchmarkLoad Connection manager "OLEDB NPIONE.Investment.middleTierSQL"

Description: The requested OLE DB provider SQLNCLI.1 is not registered. If the 64-bit driver is not installed, run the package in 32-bit mode. Error code: 0x00000000.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" Hresult: 0x80040154 Description: "Class not registered".

End Error

Error: 2013-08-26 11:05:27.36

Code: 0xC020F42A

Source: BenchmarkLoad Connection manager "OLEDB NPIONE.Investment.middleTierSQL"

Description: Consider changing the PROVIDER in the connection string to SQLNCLI11 or visit http://www.microsoft.com/downloads to find and install support for SQLNCLI.1.

End Error

I searched for OLEDB and ODBC drivers for SQL 2012 64 bit but cannot find any that is newer than the 2005 that we have. What can I do short of changing the source files to overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo

• Did you try running in 32-bit?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• You are right: that was the issue then. Fox came afterwards but installing the 32 bit OLE DB fixed that. Now the problem is the following:

Error: 2013-08-27 06:15:11.12

Code: 0x00000003

Source: Set Up AsOfDate SQL Set Up AsOfDate SQL

Description: There was an exception while loading Script Task from XML: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Core, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Core, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.VSTA.VstaHelper.<CleanUp>b__1a()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.VSTA.MtaExecution.Run(Action action)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.VSTA.VstaHelper.CleanUp()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.VSTAHosting.VSTAScriptingEngine.DisposeVstaHelper()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.ScriptTask.ScriptTask.MigrateVSAScriptTask(XmlElement elemProj, IDTSInfoEvents events)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.ScriptTask.ScriptTask.LoadFromXML(XmlElement elemProj, IDTSInfoEvents events)

I cannot find any reference to it in the web.

Thanks

• Do you get this error when running in BIDS?

• No, it was running from a batch file.

• Maybe you can locate the missing assembly on your local computer and copy it over to the server?

• please review the acces for the account running package. I have seen these kind of issues when running through proxies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roshan Joe

Jeff Moden -Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• The account is the server administrator.

Thanks

• Was the issue mentioned in this post fixed? I am using a proxy to run and it gives me the exact same error. Please suggesr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply