running package A triggers an unintended run of package B

• Hi,

In my SSIS solution I have several packages.

When I run a certain package 'A' in BIDS, automatically another package 'B' is also run,

even if 'B' has not been opened and 'A' does not run that 'B' package in its flow.

What might cause this ?

Regards,

Franky

Franky L.

• Have you figured out how B is getting run? In other words - is it a job being run? DTEXEC?

Does package A invoke anything starting/scheduling tasks?

How about creating output files?

We used to have a FileWatcher service which could fire up DTS packages upon creation of the appropriate input file for an import process. Any possibility this sounds familiar? Although the syntax is a little different, the same type of process could be done with an SSIS package.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Hi Matt,

Thanks for the inputs. In the mean time, the issue is solved and was caused by another situation.

Apparently, in the SSIS Project Properties ( Debugging Properties ) the StartObjectID was set to package B.

So, whatever package in my solution was choosen to run, package B was always loaded and run as well.

Changed the StartObjectID to and the issue was solved.

Regards,

Franky

Franky L.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply