Runnig Multible Programs

• My SQL programmer quit in the middle of a project and I'm under a deadline and in a panic. I own a voice mail server that runs multible customers on the same IVR server. I am running SQL 2000. I need to know how to duplicate these tables in SQL and and add the new customers. When I say customer I am talking about the company that buys my service they all call a different phone number to access the IVR system but use the program only they are not seen by the other customers. I hope this makes sense to someone. I am truly a novice. Can anyone help. Gary

• Gary, A lot more detail is needed for anybody to attempt to help you. Such as:

1) What are you trying to duplicate, certain rows of data or entire tables?

2) What is the source of your data (SQL, flat files??)?

3) What is the destination (SQL?)?

4) I'm guessing that, even though they call different numbers, they use the same application and produce similar data?

5) For #2 & 3, can you provide tables layouts if they are SQL?

I'm sure others will have additional questions but this'll provide a start to get the help you need.

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• 1) What are you trying to duplicate, certain rows of data or entire tables?

2) What is the source of your data (SQL, flat files??)?

3) What is the destination (SQL?)?

4) I'm guessing that, even though they call different numbers, they use the same application and produce similar data?

5) For #2 & 3, can you provide tables layouts if they are SQL?

I'm sure others will have additional questions but this'll provide a start to get the help you need.

The system is a Telephone based Dating Service. The SQL stores data that the customer submits such as personal information about his/her self.

The software is programmed using Visual Basic 6.0.

• Gary - if you're unable to articulate your system architecture and formulate your question(s) into a few coherent points you're not going to get much assistance on a forum like this not matter how knowledgeable the members are. I suggest you hire a consultant (either a system architect or DBA with a similar background) to come in and sit down with you and your developers and hopefully sort you out. If your project is valuable to you it will be worth the short-term pain of large hourly rates.

Don't mean to sound rude, but you really are asking for a lot and not giving anyone much to help you.

Regards,

Jacob

• Gary

I totally agree with Jacob. You have to express fully your doubts. One more suggestion, I can give is try to go thru the archives of this site. It help me lot and I think it will help you also

🙂

Anirban

• Where are you located? Perhaps there is someone on this forum that is near by that (for a fee) could come and help you identify the scope of you system.

Is the former programmer available to pass on information to a professional?

Steve

• Gary, found this in another post. It describes the best ways to post questions/issues that you may be having. It's a good read and lays out what people need to know in order to help.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• I am located in Evansville,IN

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply