rsCollationDetectionFailed Warning.

• Hi Everyone,

Ok, so this is a warning, the RS solution deploys ok, but this is really bugging me. I have Googled and Bing-ed, but I'm not coming up with anything regarding this. How can I get rid of it?

Warning1[rsCollationDetectionFailed] The data extension used for the data source ‘MyDataSource’ failed to detect the default collation properties for the connection. Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.SqlGetCollationProperties.GetCollationProperties(IDbCommand command, CultureInfo& culture, Boolean& caseSensitive, Boolean& accentSensitive, Boolean& kanatypeSensitive, Boolean& widthSensitive) at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.SqlConnectionWrapperBase.GetCollationProperties(String& cultureName, Boolean& caseSensitive, Boolean& accentSensitive, Boolean& kanatypeSensitive, Boolean& widthSensitive) at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSource.MergeAutoCollationSettings(IDbConnection connection)C:\Users\Username\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MyProjectName\ProjectName\MyReport.rdl00

I cannot see anything I can change in or around the report in regards to this. Thanks for any help or theories.

Regards,

D.

• This may have nothing to do with your situation, but I wanted to get this out there. I ran into this error running SSRS against a SQL Managed Instance.

When I redirected to a local SQL Server, it became something like "An error occurred during local report processing. % uses a lookup function with an expression that returned a data type that is not valid for the lookup function. The data type must be an RDL Variant type.", from which I was able to troubleshoot.

Root cause- and this is a little embarrassing, but for the greater good- turned out to be that I had something like this:

=Lookup("ResourceName", Fields!Name, Fields!Value, "Resources")

And it needed to be like this:

=Lookup("ResourceName", Fields!Name.Value, Fields!Value.Value, "Resources")

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply