RS Internal Error !

• I use Reporting Services to provide my users with parameterised reports specific to their department.  I have set up a simple system whereby all users have access to all reports (no custom roles).  Windows authentication is used for report access and I have a windows group with appropriate rights assigned to browser role.

Now here's the problem.  As the author, publisher, etc., I can run any report - no problem.  So can all other users (browsers), PROVIDED THAT I have run at least one report first.  If I have not run a report then all browsers receive an RS Internal Error message with no further information.

A scenario sees a user log on to the network, open a browser and enter a report url ( say xyz).  The browser returns an error page quoting 'RS Internal Error'. User calls me.  I run the report xyz (or any other reporting services report) successfully.  Tell user to run again.  User does so successfully.  All other reports run fine until the next day.

I should point out here that our out-sourcer policy requires that our servers are restarted daily.  Would this be an issue, and is there a work-around ?  All suggestions are welcome even if I have forgotten something really basic and will never recover from the embarassment !

Best Regards
    Terry

• hi,

is your Reportserver a domain server or a member server?

Ruud

Ruud

• Hello Ruud,

It is a member server.  Another thing I tried to see what the results were was to email myself a subscription to a report daily.  I get the email OK but other users are not enabled until I actually click on the link and run the report.  I should add that my network account is also a local account on the SQL box and in the local administrator's group. My users are all in a network group that I have placed in the SQL Server local users group.

Terry

Best Regards
    Terry

• Hello Terry,

I'm sorry, can't give you a straight correct answer or solution

In our company we are using the ADS groups/users and if needed we make specific information groups in the ADS to access reports.

Maybe it is a long shot but worth a try ?

Ruud

Ruud

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply