RS.exe is having issue while subscription is completing the report.

• Hi We have a report that is running via rs.exe utility and it errors out, but when we execute it via subscription it is completing.

The error is below, the report is executing an oracle stored procedure

runningjobs!ReportServer_0-18!14cc!12/08/2022-08:37:28:: i INFO: RunningJobContext.IsClientConnected; found orphaned request 35ybh2mbnhiom22ugojqi52l

processing!ReportServer_0-18!14cc!12/08/2022-08:37:28:: i INFO: DataPrefetch abort handler called for Report with ID=. Aborting data sources ...

processing!ReportServer_0-18!f48!12/08/2022-08:37:28:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'. ---> Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_LOCK", line 215

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_PARALLEL_EXECUTE", line 45

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_PARALLEL_EXECUTE", line 390

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_PARALLEL_EXECUTE", line 418

ORA-06512: at "RPTUSER.CM_UNBILLED_DATA_P1", line 162

ORA-06512: at line 1

at OracleInternal.ServiceObjects.OracleConnectionImpl.VerifyExecution(Int32& cursorId, Boolean bThrowArrayBindRelatedErrors, SqlStatementType sqlStatementType, Int32 arrayBindCount, OracleException& exceptionForArrayBindDML, Boolean& hasMoreRowsInDB, Boolean bFirstIterationDone)

at OracleInternal.ServiceObjects.OracleCommandImpl.ExecuteReader(String commandText, OracleParameterCollection paramColl, CommandType commandType, OracleConnectionImpl connectionImpl, OracleDataReaderImpl& rdrImpl, Int32 longFetchSize, Int64 clientInitialLOBFS, OracleDependencyImpl orclDependencyImpl, Int64[] scnForExecution, Int64[]& scnFromExecution, OracleParameterCollection& bindByPositionParamColl, Boolean& bBindParamPresent, Int64& internalInitialLOBFS, OracleException& exceptionForArrayBindDML, OracleConnection connection, OracleLogicalTransaction& oracleLogicalTransaction, IEnumerable`1 adrianParsedStmt, Boolean isDescribeOnly, Boolean isFromEF)

at Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.ExecuteReader(Boolean requery, Boolean fillRequest, CommandBehavior behavior)

at Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.OracleCommandWrapperExtension.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeLiveQueryExecutor.ExecuteReader(IJobContext jobContext, DataSourceErrorInspector errorInspector, String commandText)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---;

• ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

Your Oracle command is likely timing out.

Have a check on RPTUSER.CM_UNBILLED_DATA_P1

Did you set the -l parameter of rs.exe? (timeout)

• Yes the parameter of rs.exe is set to 0 already, I have tried executing  RPTUSER.CM_UNBILLED_DATA_P1 directly on the database it is completing there.

I have executed the report also using subscription and it is completing with no issue

• 2022-12-13 18_46_58-Desktop - Desktop Viewer

This is how we are executing it

• Thanks for posting the commandline.

I can't help you further with rs.exe. We execute reports using urls. Does it stop immediately, after a fixed amount of time, ...

Any oracle timeouts set on client/server?

• I have no access to see the configuration files for the reporting server, But the oracle server does not have any time out as far as I know.

Upon further inspection of the rss file that was being executed it is using the ExecutionHelper method from the Exec2005 library I think this is different than executing via URL/Subscription.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply