RS Data Driven Subscription w/MDX

• I'm trying to setup a data driven subscription against a cube. I've got a report that takes a parameter (SalesRegion) that I can manually setup a subscription to selecting a region. When I try to run it against my subscriber list it fails.

Has anyone been able to setup and successfully run a data driven subscription against a cube with a parameter?

I'm not sure if I am missing something, or this just doesn't work.

Thanks, Greg E

• Unlike setting the parameter value in a SQL report where your sales region would just be 'West', you need to have a fully qualified value such as:

[SalesRegion].[USA].[West].

• Thanks for the reply. Seems most of the examples are all SQL, not MDX.

Greg E

• That's exactly what I noticed when I was trying to do the same thing. Seems a bit crazy too, because when you set up a nonqueried parameter value against the same report using a cube, you just use the value (West), not the fully qualified value.

• To fully understand what Report Services is expecting for it's parameters, check out the properties/parameter tabe for a report that has a default value. You'll see the MDX encoding there (or should!).

For those just starting our with MDX (particularily in MSRS), be warned that MDX is not SQL, even though it looks remakably similiar. An don't use / rely on the MSRS query wizard. It's very limited.

After awhile, it's get's easier and you'll never look back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply