RS 2005 Installation Problem

• Well i installed the 2005 ctp september.

It went well but it didn't installed the RS

The error log was:

ReportingServicesService!library!8!02/10/2005-11:56:34:: i INFO: Catalog SQL Server Edition = Developer

ReportingServicesService!library!8!02/10/2005-11:56:34:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InvalidReportServerDatabaseException: The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is 'C.0.6.43'. The expected version is 'C.0.8.39'. To continue, update the version of the report server database and verify access rights., ;

Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InvalidReportServerDatabaseException: The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is 'C.0.6.43'. The expected version is 'C.0.8.39'. To continue, update the version of the report server database and verify access rights.

ReportingServicesService!library!8!02/10/2005-11:56:34:: Exception caught while starting service. Error: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InvalidReportServerDatabaseException: The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is 'C.0.6.43'. The expected version is 'C.0.8.39'. To continue, update the version of the report server database and verify access rights.

any idea what 2 do???

• I ran into something like this too.  I think I solved it by restarting my MSSQLSERVER service.  I also had to make sure to install the developer edition of the DB engine.  I don't think RS will work with SQL Express.

Dylan Peters
    SQL Server DBA

• Thanks 4 your reply.

I installed the Express edition and remove it by add/remove and then installed the developer edition.Now i can't access to sql server at all,only to the ctp configuration tools.

Is there something 2 do???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply